21 May 2007

A little whine, hold the cheese...

My characters are getting married. Their friends and family are going to be furious I'm sure because the happy couple snuck off to do the deed. Is snuck even a word? I doubt it, but it seems to fit, so I'm not changing it. A while ago I wasn't sure what these people were going to do. They held their cards close to their chests, if you know what I mean. Lately, they've been more vocal. So now I'm up to the big scene, and I wonder how it will turn out. Sure, they're going to be together forever, happy in wedded bliss, but they aren't quite there yet. I've got about two chapters left, and a body to put on the ground. Things are about to get interesting.

Elsewhere in this writer's world, I continue to tweak my house to my specs. We've worked hard, and I'm tired of all of it. Where can a wife/mom/working gal go to retire? Jeez, I'd be happy with a weekend! Already this weekend is packed with more family events. Never mind that this weekend is our anniversary. We are supposed to travel the countryside at the family's whim. Can you tell I'm not pleased? It's not that I don't like them. I do. I just want one weekend where I sleep in and don't wake up tired. DH said I don't have to do anything I don't want to . He's in a ticklish situation--caught between his parents and me. I'm not ranting at him. For now, I'm pretending to have no obligations outside my home. It's almost working.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Your story sounds neat! I think snuck is a word - I use it all the time. LOL.

I'm sorry about the family events - I know what you mean about liking them, but not wanting to be at their beck and call. Hang in there! You'll gain good karma and you'll probably be glad afterwards (if it's a disasterous weekend, your husband will probably try to make it up to you. :))

Happy Anniversary this weekend!

Elayne said...

Aww, thanks, Ellen. I get a trip to Denver out of it, so the weekend won't be too bad. And maybe that good karma will turn into inspiration and pages for this story :)

Julie Kibler said...

Just please don't let your characters end up like Christina and Burke did on Grey's Anatomy last week. *Sniff*

Hope you enjoy the events of the weekend in spite of walking and talking in your sleep. ;)

Elayne said...

Julie, I am so pathetic! I have no idea who Christina and Burke are. Would you believe me if I told you I have never watched Grey's Anatomy. I'm sure the weekend will be good. Definitely a respite from work. Thanks for your happy wishes!