17 January 2007

Trying again...

I apologize for the tardiness of this post. I wrote it last night and have been having difficulty getting it posted.


So, I've been a relative hermit for the past three months. I've got a lot of writing done, played lots of board games with the family, read a few books, watched TV and got a nice burn from grappling in karate. That almost sounds eventful. Now, I feel like being around people. I'm even toying around with the idea of throwing a party. Don't tell the DH, he may think I've lost my mind. I can't help it though. The idea of doing days worth of cooking and having people traipse through the house, laughing and just enjoying themselves sounds fun. Tomorrow, I may wake up completely grouchy and anti-social, but I don't think so.

Another busy day ahead, meeting lawyers, doctors and the hairdresser. Oh my! It should be fun. I'll get dinner on--red beans and rice--and then off to karate again. I feel strong and alive when I'm physically active, whether it's washing the car or scrubbing my floors. Yes, scrubbing on hands and knees the old-fashioned way. It gives me time to think.


Sorry for the short blog, but I've been running around and losing steam. Probably because I couldn't sleep last night. Heartburn sucks! On top of that, I got a brilliant idea in the middle of the night that I just had to write down. My brain was going a mile a minute. I bid you all adieu--off to the shower and my re-read of The Half-Blood Prince. But I will leave you with a fun question.

If you could have any superpower, which would you choose and why?

I would have two because I'm a little bit greedy. I would want to fly, just because who wouldn't? And I would love to be able to communicate with anyone regardless of language because for as much as I talk about remaining closeted from social situations, I am truly fascinated by real people.

No comments: