20 November 2006

Happiness is...

Today was as normal as any. Short of a thirty minute nap, I didn't sleep. Just as I was going to bed at 8:30 this morning, I got a call from the school district. They needed a sub, and since I was awake it made perfect sense for me to say yes. The day couldn't have been better. Children are wonderful because they are honest about their feelings. They are much more real than we are as adults. And I think it's a crying shame that as we grow older, we learn to hide the best parts of ourselves.

After going through an exhausting, but fabulous day, I didn't think things could get much better. As I rifled through my mail, though, I found that more pleasant surprises awaited. A letter from the agent arrived with a request for my entire manuscript. I am still reeling from the news. My next objective will be to print it, complete with revisions, and send it off to him in hopes he will like it. Now, because I have had all of 30 minutes sleep in about 34 hours, I am going to bed. Sweet dreams and pleasant rest until tomorrow.

No comments: