04 November 2006

Doing what I'm supposed to...

So, I was supposed to be writing. I've managed to do everything but. Me and my little crew went to our karate get-together. While the kids were off playing pool, we adults gathered to discuss things completely inappropriate for little ears. We never plan to start these discussions about sex, but apparently, if a bunch of us hang out the conversation topic spins from karate and parenting to where the best spot for green beer on St. Paddy's is. More surprising than having these wild sex talks, is who starts them.

I don't know what people see when they look at me, but for some reason, I'm the last person who's expected to know anything remotely interesting about sex. I have 3 children, so is it any wonder that I have a reasonable amount of experience? Can I help that I am curious by nature? Things that would make the average person blush, pique my interest for no reason other than pure science. That does not mean that I am enjoying all these alternative activities myself, but I have an understanding of them. And at the end of all this scientific research, I come away with great conversation fodder.

So now I'm home. I was going to take a nap and refresh for an evening of writing. Instead, I called my cable company to see if I could negotiate a deal for an upgrade. For those of you who are disinclined to believe that you affect your own destiny by managing your attitude, get this. I knew what I wanted from the cable company before I called--what I was willing to pay, etc. My experience with this company has been nothing but positive, so I expected nothing less tonight. The agent was helpful and went above and beyond to provide stellar customer service. Long story short (TOO LATE), I got an upgrade that includes Showtime, TMC, Starz and Encore free for a year.

Here I sit, watching back episodes of Dexter (thanks to my friend who got me hooked on this damned show). I haven't written a lick except for what you see here. The crazy thing is that I'm not a big TV watcher. I write, read anything I can get my hands on and critique the work of fellow aspiring authors. After all this rambling, I've decided to give myself time to refresh--even if that does mean spending a couple more hours with Dexter.

No comments: