06 September 2007

More coffee, for the love of God!

So once again, I'm behind in my blogging. Sorry, faithful friends. Back in class, back to the grindstone, back to wanting to tear my eyes out! You know they say time flies when you're having fun. Does that mean time sucks ass when you're bored? Should I have warned about gratuitous swearing before letting you read this post? As it's a bit late for that, all I can do is ask for forgiveness.

I've chugged my coffee, am desperate for another cup but I can't now! Argh!

Now, three cups down and I'm hummin'; don't ask me to select one piece of paper from my notebook or to do anything that even remotely requires fine motor skills. I am all hopped up, which means I'm all out of logic, patience, the ability to moderate my behavior. If you're still reading, you do so at your own risk. You've been warned.

So... Picture this... driving down the highway, cruising as you do, a young lady dressed in black discovers a cycle cop aiming a ray gun her way. Now, said young lady stomps her brake, praying that when she and the cop locked eyes that it had been a mere glance. No such luck for our heroine, dear friends. Our, I mean their eyes locked and next she knew, she held a summons for a court appearance in her hand. Who knew doing 71 in a 55 was illegal? Fuckin' A!

Back from the realm of fiction to my current reality.

How does one counteract too much coffee? Wine, of course! I've got two bottles chillin' at home, a gorgeous Merlot and a Gewurztraminer. For those who haven't tried the latter, come on over! It's one of two whites I can drink without suffering heartburn. Or maybe of the two whites I will gladly suffer heartburn for. So here I sit, Merlot by my side, typing away at my blog. I'm tired and avoiding thinking about next week's assignments and the weeks to come. The big picture is awesome-- the grande finale of all the effort. But it's the details that will get me there. How much is that like writing a novel?

I'm such a big picture person that I sometimes have difficulty presenting the details. Those can be glossed over, right? WRONG! The details are what transcend a flat character to the full-blown friends I've found between many books' covers. So I know one of the things I should work on. What about you? Do you see the big picture, or is life all about the details?

1 comment:

Delafantastika said...

It's all about the details! God (or the devil?) is in the details. I find that a story sinks or floats by the details. Long after I've returned the book to the shelf or passed it on to a friend, it's the little things that I'm constantly remembering.