13 February 2007

More nonsense...

So, I've been away for awhile because I was sick and we've been looking for a house. All this time, I thought my husband and I were on the same page. Thought we wanted the same thing in a home. Boy, was I wrong! Turns out my husband is under the impression that we can buy a mansion while I believe in humble, affordable living. Can you see how this has become an uphill trudge in the snow--both ways!? As if the coming weeks weren't going to be hard enough! I've got Mr. Champagne-Tastes-on-a-Beer-Bottle-Budget to work with. Ugh!!!

Today was really cool. I worked with a group of special needs students at a local elementary school. Having been sick and trying to gear up the house for the move, I've been out of the working loop for a few days. Going back was refreshing. The kids were great--and it was nice for once to be called by my first name as opposed to my surname--made me feel like I was still a person rather than some sort of looming parental object. I love it when I get to work with kids and am asked to return the next day. No, I'm not wishing for teachers to be sick, but it's so nice to have consistency--and a paycheck. So tomorrow, I will be with the kiddies. They will be surprised to see me, but I think they'll be tickled too. For some crazy reason, children like me! Maybe they sense that despite the fact that I'm decades their senior, we're not unalike.

Sorry I've been away so long, dear readers. Surely I flatter myself by being so delusional as to think that someone other than myself reads this blog. But alas, my delusion hurts no one, so I'm sticking with it. As young as spending the day with the children makes me feel, I will feel like Methuselah tomorrow morning if I don't go to bed NOW.

What do you do to feel young and alive?

No comments: